Getting to St. Vincent
St Vincent and the Grenadines can be reached by air through six major gateways – Barbados, Grenada, Trinidad, St. Lucia, Martinique and Puerto Rico, with connecting flights to Bequia, Canouan, Mustique and Union Island. These islands are served from international destinations by Air Canada, American Airlines, Air France, Caribbean Airlines and British Airways, and as well as seasonal charter services. LIAT provide scheduled services whilst SVG Air, TIA2000 and Air Mustique are available for charter to St. Vincent and the Grenadine Islands from these international airports. Grantley Adams Airport in Barbados has a help desk in the arrivals hall open from 1:00PM to 8:00PM specifically to assist passengers making connections to St. Vincent and the Grenadine islands. An international airport is due for completion in St. Vincent in 2014, allowing intercontinental flights, and will greatly open up access to St. Vincent & The Grenadines.
Student Visa Information
United States and Canadian citizens are not required to procure a visa prior to visiting St. Vincent. Permits are granted on arrival by an Immigration Officer and are valid for one month after entry to visitors from International Countries. Extensions will be granted, from time to time, for up to a period of one year from the date of entry.
Individuals entering the country must be in possession of:
• A return or onward ticket to his /her homeland or to a country where he /she has landing status
• Sufficient funds for his/her upkeep while in the Country.
Who Needs A Visa Upon Arrival?
Nationals of the Dominican Republic, Jordan, Syria, Iran, Iraq, Lebanon, China and Nigeria require visas to enter St Vincent and the Grenadines.
• Visa application fees cost $175 USD to process (Includes, visa process, photos development and fed-ex charges)
• Please submit all necessary documents requested by AUS in order for a visa to be granted and received before traveling to AUS. Visa processing in St. Vincent takes about 2 weeks.
Upon enrollment students must present proof of the following…
- TB skin test (if positive, Chest X-ray and the report) and
- Hepatitis A & B series of immunizations.