AUS offers a pre-med program that provides strong preparation for medical school. The two academic year pre-med program provides students with all of the college level courses required to enter a Doctor of Medicine Program. The pre-med program at AUS is structured specifically to meet the entry requirements so that students can matriculate into the basic sciences.
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS TO APPLY:
- Application for Admission
- One-Page Personal Statement
- One Letter of Recommendation
- High School/Secondary School Transcript or National Test Scores
- $75 Application Fee
- Passport Photo
Within one week of a completed application file, including all necessary documents is received; an admissions counselor will schedule an interview to be done either over the telephone or personally at our campus in St Vincent. Applicants are advised that being granted an interview is not a guarantee of acceptance.
THE PURPOSE OF THE INTERVIEW IS TO EVALUATE THE APPLICANT REGARDING HIS OR HER:
- Intellectual and academic ability
- Communication skills, both verbal and written
- Knowledge of the medical field
- Hobbies, special talents, volunteer experience
- Personal qualities, character and motivation
- Willingness to be a team player
- Compassion, empathy and ability to deal with everyday issues
- The interview also allows the student to ask pertinent questions and to introduce any special circumstances that should be considered.
Following the Admissions Committee interview, the student will be notified of their admission status within one week. After receipt of the acceptance letter, the student is required to acknowledge their intention by returning the acceptance response form included with their acceptance letter, as well as mail the seat deposit fee to our Admissions Office within one week or by the deadline stated in the acceptance letter. This deposit will be credited towards the first semester tuition fees when the student matriculates. The deposit will not be refunded if the student rescinds his or her acceptance