The mission of the School of Medicine is to train future physicians to serve selflessly and humbly, while emphasizing strong medical ethics and appreciation of human worth and dignity.
The goals of the School of Medicine are as follows:
The School of Medicine will foster and support a vibrant health science learning community on its campus in St. Vincent for students, faculty, staff, and community partners. The learning environment will consist of a strong academic program and experiences, comprehensive scholar support and a campus culture and environment that promote student, faculty and staff engagement and community participation.
- Continue to recruit highly qualified and diverse faculty, staff, and student body.
- Foster a climate for scholarly success leading to enhanced retention of faculty, staff, and students.
- Promote teamwork competencies to be applied in a collaborative, professional health care delivery and research setting.
- Prepare graduates to enter careers of their choice, including academics, disciplines of high need, and under-served communities around the world.
- Enhance community engagement opportunities.
The School of Medicine will lead modern medical education programs, including education programs for medical students, faculty, and community physicians.
- Implement a competency-based education program across the continuum of medical education (students, faculty, and community physicians).
- Enhance performance assessment of learners.
- Implement faculty development programs to enhance teaching and assessment skills and promote a culture of scholarship in education.